The extra long curtain rods are designed to increase the length of the standard rod. The standard curtain rod are usually separated right in the middle, providing access to whether increase or decrease the length – in a way to accommodate to the window size. Installing the extra long curtain rod isn’t difficult, as long as you know how.
Here are the steps to install the extra long curtain rods:
- Pull apart the two ends from the curtain rod right on the center. The rod should slide apart easily.
- Place the end left side of the metal rod extension on the end of the curtain rod – the right side.
- Place the end right side of the metal rod extension on the right end of the rod, making the rod extra long
- Make adjustment of the rod by sliding the rod piece in or out from the halves of the original rods.
- You need to install the special rod brackets for this work. The installation instructions are usually written on the manual. Just follow the letters carefully and you will be fine.
- Make sure that the support is installed properly and securely. And then screw the hook on the wall stud.
If you follow the instructions carefully, you can always install such long extension rods easily. Such procedure is also similar to the installation of the extra long shower curtain rod. Ready to try now?